Saturday, February 19, 2011

This Is It

Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to grow a garden. From scratch/seed. None of this buying plants already grown. Too easy (and expensive). Many times I've tried, frequently to end in tragedy. I left the seedlings out in the sun with the plastic cover on and they all wilted (this was my first attempt, and I was terribly devastated), I forgot to water them and they all died (whoops!), joined a community garden but got hit by a car on my bike and was out of comission for a while (bike too, so no transportation), you get the picture. This time, tho, I'm going to do it. I've got it all planned out; done my research about which plants will do best on my little patio, sketched out the lay of the land, I got this. I have a good feeling about this year, because I think I'm on my way towards one of my life goals: be an awesome gardener.

No comments: